Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year in Review

Greetings, Internet Land! And Happy New Year's Eve! Tonight I will hopefully be having fun partying the New Year in with good friends and lots of strangers. In a New Years tradition of sorts (partly in preparation for the inevitable Resolutions) I am contemplating how 2008 has treated me.

-I started this blog at the beginning of the year. At the start, it was meant to be some sort of creative outlet, and has since turned into my ranting about the world at large. I think 2009 will bring further attempts to document the sometimes hilarious banalities of my life. And of course more arguing with my brain and credit cards. Twitter shall be its trusty sidekick.

-I was/am/will be bored at work. Gchat became a necessity.

-On the other hand, I made some great new friends.

-I watched lots of TV and movies and remembered the joys of my youth. I also read books of varying levels of quality, and still enjoy ranting about them. Vampire fiction should never be taken lightly.

-I got cats! They now run my life and I am completely beholden to satisfy their various whims. Surprisingly, I am just fine with this.

-I've joined a gym and had an on-again, off-again abusive relationship with a personal trainer. Joel has since left the gym (without telling us). I feel betrayed.

-I've cooked some: most impressive achievement was a souffle that didn't fall. Okay, it was a little undercooked in the center, but overall a fine achievement for a first try.

-I started playing my very first MMO. No, not WOW. I stopped playing for many months. Recently, I've started back up again.

-I got a new computer. There was much rejoicing.

-I started writing a book. Well, kind of. I got about 30 pages in and just stopped. The ideas are still flowing through my head, and every now and then I'll figure some plot point out when I'm waiting for the bus. It's there, just waiting for me on my flash drive. I can't hide forever.

-I drank lots of coffee. Currently, more addicted than ever.

-I went to NY for the very first time! There was much rejoicing.

-And lots of Bin 36.

-I discovered the excessively violent fun of Roller Derby.

-I ignored responsibilities, overdrew my bank account lots, mourned the loss of spontaneity, and refused to set my future up. But most importantly, I've had fun.

Now what?

No comments: