Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Tweaking

On ENERGY. Not just caffeine. I can handle my coffee normally, even though it has been likened to crack. I usually drink a few cups a day and have built up a nice tolerance, but today I'm a bit more twitchy and paranoid than usual. Then I realized it--I've just started taking new vitamins for people with active lifestyles (read: gym goers who want to feel even better about themselves), and because I'm a sucker, GNC totally ripped me off by getting me to buy the Vitapacks. (Part of the money crisis!) So I'm taking like 7 pills (vitamins and supplements) a day now, instead of just one. How does this relate to my current state of nervousness? The supplement package includes a natural energy enhancement! I totally forgot! It recommends that we don't drink coffee while taking these vitamins. I scoff at their health rules!

I am not giving up my coffee just because some stupid energy pills might make my heart explode. If anything, today is becoming a very productive, albeit paranoid, day. Oh and before anyone says anything, these aren't diet pills. I CHECKED FIRST, OKAY. So nobody can say that I've escalated from regular caffeine to speed. They're totally natural energy enhancers, I swear.

I had a TV post I wanted to write, but I had to abandon it due to the flightiness of my thoughts and excessive hand-twitching. Top Chef should be thoroughly examined with a steady mind.

I think I've found the one habit-forming drug that the FBI won't get all freaked out about. In fact, they probably will encourage this caffeine addiction. So there's my self-justification.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Yeah I try to stay away from the vita-packs, especially since I think that the male version does have a fat-burner included, and I'm kind of scared of those. It seems to me that core metabolic rate and body temperature are things that one should in general not tamper with