Thursday, May 1, 2008

Holy Crap, It's May? When Did That Happen?

Aah. Wow. Not cool. I can't believe I've been out of school for that long. I can't believe I've been working here that long. I need to quit. Like immediately. And tour the country in a broken down VW (remember that?) with my cats as my constant, unwavering companions. They won't judge the scraps we'll have to live on. Damn, that cat needs surgery! Maybe I'll kidnap a vet.

Okay, I've now slapped myself silly, and am now thinking logically. Really logically. LSAT logically. I'M GOING TO LAW SCHOOL AFTER ALL! I've decided--so it shall be. I should probably register for that test, eh? But it's nice to have my head on my shoulders again, and even if I decide not to become a lawyer, a law degree is an awful nice thing to have, plus it's a way to avoid the real world for another 3 years! MY QUARTER LIFE CRISIS HAS OFFICIALLY COME TO AN END! Well, for now. Don't you rain on my parade, brain!

I've also apparently developed some sort of psychosis. I blame the lack of coffee, since I haven't had a cup yet this morning. Can you believe that? I certainly can't.

In other news, how about that Top Chef? Even I have to admit that this season is much less exciting than previous seasons. I was much more into it last year. And, Stephanie, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER. I AM ROOTING FOR YOU. Please don't break my heart like Tre did. At least then I had Casey to fall back on. This season, I'm at a loss for what I'd do. Is it weird that I'm starting to like Dale, though? I guess I sympathize with his obvious Napoleon Complex and other height issues. Antonia seems okay too, I guess.

SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T WATCH TOP CHEF ON WEDNESDAYS ANYMORE. I DON'T BLAME YOU--THERE'S LITTLE POINT.

I guess last night's judging is proof that previous wins do matter. It was obvious that the judges were disgusted with Stephanie's dish. What did Padma call it? Repulsive? Some other word to that effect. Not that Padma's the most reliable judge on the panel, though. Lisa also won once before, for that controversial bacon. Mark was the only one who hadn't proved himself at that point. Goodbye, Kiwi. It was fun while it lasted. But I'm glad that Stephanie's still around. She just needs to pull it together, because she won't get too many more free passes. It was kind of fun seeing the chefs with kids. I was surprised that so many of them dealt with the kids well, and let them help quite a bit. I guess that's kind of cool. Can you imagine Hung having to deal with a child sous chef? Now, that would've been worth watching. Also, I just realized that the three on the top for the Quickfire were also on the top for the Elimination (With Antonia winning both), and the three on the bottom were on the bottom again for Elimination (With Mark going home). I don't think that's ever happened before. Cool.

Does anyone want to go to any of these Chicago restaurants that are mentioned in Top Chef? I wanted to go to Avec and Blackbird before, but now even more so. Also, Table 52? Could be fun.

Eh, what else? Oh, Nubs is better, for those of you that know her condition. It looks like it's healing, and she seems fine, if not a little uncomfortable. I need to call Aimee to discuss my options, which could be just as good as amputation.

Also, I finally broke down and got Netflix. Why do I think anyone other than me cares about this? WELL YOU SHOULD. I'm getting Dexter and I'm so excited about it. I've been wanting to watch it for quite some time, and the edited CBS version doesn't seem quite right. How can you edit a show about a serial killer, and make it CBS friendly, while retaining the core beliefs of the show? Honestly. CBS is the grandma network. Reminds me of the old MadTV spoof of the Sopranos being shown on PAX. Such a great sketch. Ooh, here it is: Sopranos on Pax. Remember PAX?

Anyway, gotta go, we have a priority or something. I'm trying to care, I swear.

2 comments:

David Dust said...

To be exact, Padma "detested" Stephanie's dish, adding that it was "disgusting" and "awful". I don't think she liked it...

Click here for DavidDust's Top Chef recap.

:)

LibraryLia said...

in other news, remember how i said i have to do things at work!? it's still kinda true, but now, i have nothing to do every morning until my boss emails the first work for the day, and yesterday that didnt happen until 10:12 am. SO i sat here for an hour doing NOTHING
its bizarre i keep wondering what everyone else is doing all this time
I am beginning to suspect i am MAD efficient and kick everyone's asses in the work-completing department, and so thats why they are all doing things and I am reading your blog.
(or else i am a massive slacker....) as yet, this has not been made clear...