Thursday, March 6, 2008

Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only One Who Sees It!

I just noticed, as this last episode of Project Runway was airing, the striking similarity between recent seasons of Bravo Reality TV shows.

I mean, come on:



The cocky young upstart, who is really fast and amazingly good, wins the show, surprising nobody. Now, let me say that I think Christian totally deserved this win. When asked to put on a show, he put on A SHOW. And, although the clothes weren't exactly my taste, and some of them seemed too costumey, he went couture and drama where the other two focused more on details and ready-to-wear. And honestly, I love the little dude. He really won me over, because it's become so obvious that all the bravado is just a front. My heart really melted when he started sobbing on the runway. He was so terrified and excited when he realized that he was in the final two, and that's adorable. Congratulations Christian, if only for the fact that you made Posh smile! Fierce!

As with Top Chef, my favorite of the season is once again a woman, and once again relegated to third place. Hmm. Maybe I'm a little biased towards women? Okay, fine! I admit it! I was also wrong; I totally thought it would come down between Jillian and Christian. And, honestly, before I saw the episode, I thought it would be a rehash of Season 2, with Jillian as the Chloe and Christian as the Daniel. Rami really brought it!

I tried to make a Dale/Rami comparison, but the two aren't really similar enough. I guess they were both strong competitors, who overtook previously stronger candidates by their finale presentations. By the way, did you know that Jack from PR is dating Dale from Top Chef? Bravo incest!

So, yeah that was a good finale. Now, I'm getting excited for the new Top Chef. This new season will probably culminate in my making, like, a five-course meal in my wee little dwarf kitchen, instead of playing make-believe in the Armani boutique.

No comments: