Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bravo is Visual Crack

Seriously, I can't stop watching Bravo. I've watched some episodes of this last season of Project Runway, like, ten times. Now, I'm relaxing with a glass of Ice Wine, watching the first episode of Top Chef: Chicago. Yay Chicago! I knew when they met in a Chicago pizzaria, the Quickfire would be making Chicago-style pizza. I'm really looking forward to their highlighting what an awesome food city Chicago is. Perhaps I'll get some good ideas regarding restaurants, for future food trips.

A few thoughts as I watch the episode:

-Lesbian couple? That's a power culinary couple, if both of them can make it onto Top Chef.
-That sweet tea reduction. Awesome. Just awesome.
-Once again, they have really swanky living quarters.
-God, I missed the Top Chef music! And the knife block! Cooking seems so hardcore!
-Head-to-head cooking challenge and mayonnaise drama!
-Now, I feel so accomplished, because I've made a successful souffle that didn't fall, and all these chefs are freaking out about it. I guess that they have to make them from memory, and in under 90 minutes.
-I read an interview where they said the grocery store was the Whole Foods on Halsted. I've totally shopped there. Omigod, I'm almost a celebrity.
-I think I like Andrew already. He seems like he'll be the CJ of this season.
-In the commercial break: Diane von Furstenburg is kinda fabulous, isn't she?
-All-star judging panel! Oh, Anthony Bourdain, I missed you. But not enough to watch your show.
-Yay chef from Chicago! I have to admit that her take on duck a l'orange looked amazing.
-I knew it would be Nimma, who would "pack her knives and go." It's a shame, but she didn't look like she could hack it. The first one to leave is always so sad, because you never find out how good a chef she really is.

Next week:

Chef drama! Lincoln Park Zoo? Why didn't I ever hear about Top Chef events? See ya'll next time!

1 comment:

Eric said...

yay top chef! Although I must say, it'll never take the place in my heart that Project Runway holds. I'm just not that into food, and it's no fun making my own opinions when I can't actually taste what they make

As for the plugs: Yeah, I went up to a 12 gauge yesterday, which is barely different from what my studs already were. I'm gonna be really careful and stretch them out slowly, because I'm sure that someday I'm gonna want to take them out and it's much easier for your ears to go back to normal size when you don't do too much damage to the skin at once.