Friday, March 7, 2008

Am I Creepy?

First, I didn't expect backlash from the last blog post that I wrote, but I got it. It's been settled by now, but I didn't expect that my opinions here would cause drama. Apparently blogs=power. Awesome. Let me just take this opportunity to say that I didn't totally sell out my ideas on PR--I still would've much preferred Jillian for the win. I thought her collection was very detailed, showed the most range (unlike the other two, innovative as hell), and was incredibly wearable (unlike Christian's). I really liked her aesthetic the most. In the past, these factors are mainly how the judges critiqued finale collections, and I feel that none of them were addressed AT ALL this season. I also didn't like how she was summarily dismissed with just Heidi's "you're out," when other designers, in the past, got more encouraging words. Whatever, she'll be fine. Most of the runners-up tend to do better than those who won in past seasons. I hope to buy one of her coats in the future. I just understood why they gave it to Christian (who seemed to be pegged for the win from nearly the beginning). That is all. THE END ON PROJECT RUNWAY.

MOVING ON

Back to the title of the post--am I creepy? I mean, not really, purely creepy. I'm not really a stalker. I don't watch people in the bushes, while wearing dark glasses and a trench coat. YET. But I kinda do the internet version from time to time. I like to read the personal blogs of people that I've never met. Not really random strangers, but rather people who have blogs that I often frequent. Especially these girls, Heather and Jessica. I love the website Go Fug Yourself, not necessarily because I'm big into gossiping about celebrities. I'm not. It's mainly for the INCREDIBLY creative writing, and snarky attitudes. Snark goes a long way with me. And it's good snark, about why celebrities shouldn't go on the red carpet wearing, like, a hefty bag and fuchsia Crocs. I even plan on buying their new book, probably today.

Now I wouldn't be creepy if I stopped there. But I've gotten into the habit of reading their personal blogs. Even I can't help but think that's an invasion. Now, obviously, they made the addresses available to their "fans," and probably don't mind random people they've never even seen before checking out their personal stories. They seem to encourage it, in a way. It still feels a little weird. I mean, they're not celebrities, or people with glamorous lives. They're just regular working stiffs, with clever writing skills. Why should I want to know what's going on with their lives?

They were former recappers on TWoP (which, I think I've realized, is probably the most ideal job for me EVER), and they did that interview with one of the founders, which I've linked to above. That interview made me realize that in an alternate universe, we could've been friends. We agree on many things! They like the same shows I do, have the same attitude towards life, and also want Jillian (the other Jillian) as their trainer.

I guess that part of the reason is I feel like I want to be them. I guess it stands to reason that I'm interested in personalities similar to mine, who seem to be making it in the world. I am, after all, going through a pretty standard quarter-life crisis right now. I guess it's not so creepy, when I think about it like that. I'd actually be rather complimented that people cared enough to blog-stalk me. This clearly means that I need to start doing interesting things, so other people will care enough to read this.

ahem-Next time on Apartment 902(10?)

Next week, come here to hear about my war of attrition with Apartment 901, and their mangy cur--a chihuahua, what drove my credit cards to stage an intervention over the new man in my life--Joel, and how my television began having a torrid love affair with my microwave. What will the blender say?!? Scandelous!

STAY TUNED

No comments: