Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Shiny Happy People Holding Hands

Okay, clearly that last post had to go. This is mainly because I didn't want to reread it, and its presence changed the tone of this blog drastically. If you never read it, just ask me what the deal is, and I promise you'll get my hilarious reenactment of the excruciating scenario. But now we're back to frivolous things. As it should be.

Here's a woefully incomplete list of relatively mundane things, which make me happy:

-walking with the perfect cadence through the streets of Chicago, so I don't have to stop or even slow down through any lights.
-those first 15 minutes after a good workout.
-the state of my quads after said workout.
-finding auburn hairs in my regular sheddings in my hairbrush.
-eating a wonderfully greasy cheeseburger after a week of sensible sandwiches.
-making the best greasy cheeseburger EVER. (it has olive oil-sauteed, minced garlic inside, grated cheddar on top, on toasted bread with dill mayonnaise! A gourmet artery-clogger!)
-waking up early enough to make coffee.
-that adorable gay man in my building, whom I always see walking his dogs.
-also, actually having a rapport with nice people in my building.
-looking at what all the yuppies are reading during the morning bus rides.
-finding well-adjusted, intelligent folks.
-remembering to take my vitamins.
-getting to say things like "oh, I can't. I have to see my personal trainer tomorrow."
-finale of PR tonight & the upcoming Top Chef: Chicago.
-This Guy is playing This Guy in the upcoming Wolverine movie. Don't know if he can act. Strangely enough, don't think I care.
-the Signature Salad at Cosi. Perfection in a plastic bowl.
-this article: Who Says Women Aren't Funny?
-ANYTHING involving Kermit the Frog.
-especially this.
-that time Joel called me a "badass"
-noticing that I am using the word "yikes" an awful lot these days.
-remember the Yikes! pencil brand?
-Bin 36
-Hollywood nerds.
-that last scene of the most recent episode of Lost where Desmond and Penny finally got to have a heart-breakingly endearing conversation.
-this game.
-60 degree weather.
-whenever movie directors personalize the production logo of the film company in the beginning of the movie.
-this:

That is all.

1 comment:

Eric said...

YIKES! pencils! I totally forgot!