Monday, March 17, 2008

The BA Meetings Would Involve Watching Tons of Discovery Channel and Discussing Literature.

Since it's a busy day at work, I'm being extra super-productive, which means that I get to update my blog. Don't question it; it makes sense to me. Meanwhile, I think my coworker has been watching videos on Youtube for a few hours. We're actually kind of busy these days, ma'am. Anyway, here's a me update since the weekend.

Thoughts:
  1. I really like the fact that these two people are good friends in real life. Observe: Adventures with Angela.
  2. Saint Patrick's Day is overrated. I can't believe people get excited over green beer. It was fun getting a pitcher of it for the kitsch value, but it's not something I would seriously crave. Seriously, it's just Miller Lite with food coloring in it. Also, if anyone even thinks about pinching me today, for not wearing green, I will go all sexual harassment on them. Even if he/she/it pinches me on the bicep. Not that I actually think anyone will pinch me. Do people actually still do that? I have vague memories of being pinched as a child.
  3. I think the only part of Top Model that I like is the theme song. I watched a few episodes of a marathon yesterday, and couldn't really find many other redeeming values. I especially like the intro when Tyra asks me if I "wanna be on top?" Oh, stop it, you pervs. It just works well with the music. Other than that, eh. I don't really like the fact that the way the show is laid out, it's more of a showcase for Tyra, who manages to upstage all the girls whenever possible. Also, the judging is a little ridiculous. I guess I'm just used to Heidi's collected, German calm, as opposed to Tyra's crazy lady, Mama Tyra shtick. Also, I don't like how she's trying to become a new Oprah. There can be only one Oprah, lady. Having said that, I will admit that Top Model is a much better show than Bravo's Make Me a Supermodel, which used to be a little fun, but now just makes me really want-to-throw-anything-within-reach-at-the-TV-angry (yet, because of the Bravo Curse I have to watch these episodes at least once).
  4. This is the Make Me a Supermodel rant. I hate the fact that America gets to choose who to make into a "supermodel." That's so idiotic. Plus, the Bravo audience is a little uneven, don't ya think? That explains why, at one point, there were five guys over two girls. I mean, come on. Some of the girls voted off were much more talented than the guys they were against. And now, this week, I can't help but think that another extremely talented girl (this is her first time on the bottom) will get voted off, because she's opposite a fan favorite, Ronnie-the openly gay one, who has been see-sawing between incredible and lackluster. But I pretty much think that the last girl, Holly, is unstoppable, and she could win the whole thing. Also, Ben should've been home weeks ago--even the judges were surprised. And the amount of misogyny that the guys display towards the girls is sickening. I suddenly remember why I hate most guys that age. They are ALL TURNING INTO SUCH ENORMOUS JERKS. Do they not understand that people should not act that way in front of cameras, or you know, in life? My former liking of Perry has completely gone away. Narcissistic jerk. And I wanted to kill that one guy at a party, who criticized the girls' personalities when they worked the room, by saying "I don't want to admire you; I wanna, you know, sleep with you." For people who think that real misogyny doesn't still exist, I present this as Exhibit A. God. Okay, rant over--I think I'm raising my blood pressure too much for a Monday.
  5. Now, a happy thought. Sweet potato pancakes are good. I approve.

I didn't really mean for this to turn into a TV model rant. I guess it's been a long time coming. And I promise to cut back on my talking about Bravo TV shows; I'm even starting to annoy myself, so I can't even imagine what it's like for ya'll. As of this moment, I will try to wean myself off of Bravo. This could prove to be difficult. I may get the shakes. But, the first step towards recovery is admitting you have a problem, so here goes:

"Umm, my name is Cristina, and I'm a Bravo-holic."

And now I will leave ya'll with something wonderful and non-Bravo related. And, yes, that was Elmo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, you should watch Millionaire Matchmaker if you want true misogyny. Here you have a fat, freakish-looking bitch tell other normal-looking girls that they look like crap and that they have to change nearly everything about themselves to attract men. It's a glorified whore-house. For millionaires. Hmm, you could call it Bravo's own Emperor's Club.

And seeing that you like Sesame Street so much, check out Fraggle Rock. I've spent many an afternoon at work (okay, like, two) watching shows on YouTube.