Monday, April 7, 2008

KLKDKSLFJDKITTIESLKAJFKJLDS!!!

So, it's official. I'm now a bona fide cat owner. Yesterday I got two cats from Chicago Animal Care & Control, and they're awesome.
MEET MY CATS:




Nubs (F-4 months). She is quite possibly the friendliest kitty that I've ever known, and is very demanding of both my and Gus' attention. Her name is because she only has three paws, and one little nub. I don't think I'll ever get over watching her walk around the place--it's adorable! She has a horrible sense of balance, but manages very well in spite of it. She can jump on pretty much anything in my apartment. She clearly loves the Scratch Lounge, as well as the beads hanging on my closet door.




Gus (M-4 months). I like to think of Gus as me in cat form. He's very laid back when he's comfortable, but skittish as hell when anyone makes a sudden move. Gus spends much of his time under the bed. He and I are becoming better friends, partly due to the magic of the laser pointer. He goes crazy over it, while Nubs is more like "whatever." He also likes my little mice and the ball with a bell in it.

Last night I went to bed very carefully, to not jostle Gus from his resting place at the end of my bed. I woke up at 3 AM, and the first thing I saw was Nubs' face in my face, purring loudly, with Gus playing aggressively with my feet. I think this means that I am a real cat owner. I was also very proud that both of them found the litter box with no problems.
Now I have to go, because I think Nubs is going to knock over my printer.
COME VISIT MY KITTIES.
PS-I totally took a personal day today to "make sure they got settled." Mostly, I've just watched them play on my bed, and tried to get the black cat hair off of my white couch.

3 comments:

Eric said...

HFJKDLSAHFJKDLFH I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Anonymous said...

AAAH YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME YOU WERE TAKING THE DAY OFF, I TOTALLY WOULD HAVE ALSO AND WE COULD HAVE PLAYED WITH KITTIES ALL DAY!

i am sad and lonely

Laura

LibraryLia said...

YAY KITTIIIIEEEESSSSS

you made the right choice!! yay!!