Friday, April 18, 2008

I Have Atrocious Posture

Seriously. Why did nobody ever tell me this before? I knew that I didn't have a supermodel's gait, but I never realized just how bad it was. Dude, I'm all Quasimodo up in here. Like I do for everything else wrong in my life, I blame my job. Even though this condition predated my current employment. I'm a sloucher while reading bl--I mean, working diligently for my company. (Performance Reviews are coming up.) I'm a total low-rider, and often end up slouching so far down that my pod-mates can't even see me. I liken it to a turtle, which when confronted with the vast emptiness of being, ducks into its cozy little shell, thereby postponing the eventual ennui that takes all like-minded reptiles. Or something like that. I'm running from Corporate Life by slouching in my seat and refusing to tuck in my shirt. I know, it's been established, I am a rebel. The true irony is my initial excitement over these new ergonomic chairs, which are supposed to help our posture.

I realized this when I was at the gym, and noticed that I looked a little frumpier than I should be. I was majorly slouching, and when I pulled myself together (and up), looked a little better. I kinda walk like an old lady, and I NEED TO STOP IT NOW. Seriously, this posture does nothing for my body type/size, so I need to get it together. I give any of you full permission to rap me across the knuckles with a ruler, or whatever else the nuns are doing to the kids who slouch.

And now, I am off to the 16th floor. They're trying out this new hot drinks machine, which has really good flavors and stuff. The fake cappuccinos actually resemble cappuccinos. At least physically. I'm probably going to go with a Milky Way (TM) mochaccino (poor man's cafe mocha) or chococcino (fancy way to say hot chocolate). Any machine that includes flavors such as Kona coffee blend is okay by me.

No comments: