Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What Have You Done Today to Make You Feel Proud?

I chose Subway instead of Mexican food! That's me for the day! Oh, is getting spinach leaves and cucumber on a tuna sandwich really that weird? It's actually healthier than going with plain ole Iceberg, which I really can't handle anymore. For some reason, every time I order this sandwich, at least one person will give me a sideways look of mild to moderate abject horror. Oh, come on, lady--like your banana peppers, red onions, and black olives don't gross me out.

But yay for Biggest Loser finale last night! Finally a female Biggest Loser! Congratulations Ali! This is a lot of exclamation marks! Here's a few more!!!! But seriously, it was kind of awesome seeing how everyone did--Ali ended up losing 48% of her original body weight, and now doesn't seem to have any fat on her at all. She really ended up earning that $250,000. Another shocking "oh, my god" moment was with Bernie--he was the little guy in the competition, and he ended up winning the $100,000 that the contestant who play from home compete for. Another Jillian trainee! Not all the contestants ended up skinny, but they all looked so much better than before. This is actually a TV show that really does save lives! That's my justification for watching it. So yeah, Jillian has still won every single year she has faced off against Bob--her trainees just want it more, I guess.

So after that I went to the gym, even though my arms were still killing me from Sunday. Oh, did I mention that I'm like one step away from doing real pull-ups? I'm very proud of this. Joel made us do exercises on the squat rack, where we hang from the bar and try to pull ourselves up using mostly our upper body strength, although we can cheat and use our legs if we need to. When we get to the top, we're supposed to pick our feet us as best we can (if we're able to at all) and slowly lower ourselves down. It's hardcore (yes, I'm a girl). Joel made a big deal out of the fact that he doesn't expect us to pick our feet up yet, but we should try anyway. Guess what, guys. I picked them up! And then he made me do more. Yeah, I know I'm impressive. But it turns out of the three of us, I'm the one with the most upper body strength--although this could be due to the fact that I've trained with Joel more frequently and more recently than the other two have. I learned this when he made us do fake pushups (where we get a rest after we do one and lay on the ground for a second), and I was done with them like half a minute before the other girls were. I forget about girls sometimes. I don't do enough cardio, though, and it's killing me right now. This is why I'm not progressing as well as I'd like. So, my new resolution is to run EVERY DAY. It can happen. Starting....now!

Uh, what else? Oh yeah, I saw these earlier today:




X-Files 2 is now officially cemented in my mind. Scully has long hair! The truth is still out there! I'm actually really excited about this. I think I'm unleashing my inner geek more and more these days. And I kinda like it.
And now I'm off to yet another pointless meeting! See y'all later.

No comments: