Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm Going to Kill that Damn Dog

No, not that one. The little yippy "Chug" of my unfriendly (although, now, quite friendly) neighbors is a positive delight to the devil-dog that moved in next door on my other side. Her owners seem like nice enough folk, but the dog is obviously her own mistress in personality. For this week, every morning at 7 AM, this dog (a young beagle) barks and howls most offensively. I guess that's when they leave. My cats are very perturbed. PERTURBED. They both join me on the bed whenever the hound starts wailing, and demand my attention as a proper distraction. I feel really bad when I have to leave. The Chug is nothing compared to this cur. I don't even know how long the howling goes on for, since she's still going at it when I leave at 8:20-8:30. Surely she will drive me mad.

Annoying one, do something productive with your time, like Snoopy, who wrote mystery novels when Charlie Brown wasn't around! Don't give in to the neurotic leanings of your foredogs.

She better not interfere with the first part of the finale of Top Chef, or it will be WAR.

In other news, Netflix is eating my time. I've watched Me, You, and Everyone We Know, Mirrormask, and Eastern Promises recently. Funnily enough, or not so funnily, I liked Mirrormask the best. I'll be getting Spiderman 3, Cloverfield, and Pan's Labyrinth soon. This really is so much better than going to a video store, and I've been catching up on all of the movies I haven't gotten a chance to see yet. Yippee!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to hating the dog.

No comments: